Week 3, January 2018 Music Events - Adding Eighth & Rail to Top 25

Below are events from my Top-25 list for the third full Monday-Sunday week of January, 1/15-1/21. I highlighted in blue the events where I'm promoter or presenter. Otherwise, the yellow highlight is my top pick for the week among the events that are somehow happening without me.

I went ahead and added Opelika's Eighth & Rail to my Top 25 venues/presenters. Owner and musician Mike Patterson has been booking a terrific variety of bands there for a long time. I shy away from venues that use only Facebook for promotion because it's not as accessible as a free-standing website, but they use it very well.

I'm removing Cottonseed Studios, not because they don't bring in top-shelf groups, but because the website is pretty static. They make good use of the tourism site, and I'll bring over their events from there. -PMc

Local

  • Jan. 18 :: soprano Melanie Williams with guitarist Alan Goldspiel at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art (no link at post time)

Tuskegee

Columbus

Montgomery

Newnan

Atlanta

Birmingham

Comments