Week 4, April 2018

The final full Monday-to-Sunday week of April, next week at the time of this post, is chock full of good options from our Top-25 list of venues. Again, I run the series at the museum, so I've highlighted in blue the Pifers' oboe-piano concert for A Little Lunch Music. They're both amazing musicians, and Poulenc is on the program.

It's getting hard to make a pick of the week among the others because I know so many people involved, but I'm pretty sure nobody cares what I think, which is comforting. At the risk of losing the respect of the left-brain-jazz-only crowd, I think I'll go with the Ben Tankard (bentankard.org) gospel/smooth-jazz concert in Tuskegee.

But the Indian Music/Steel Drum concert on Monday in Auburn will be cool. Also look at Red Baraat in Birmingham. They were on NPR's Tiny Desk series. The East Alabama Arts Association musical will be very good. The AU/Community Orchestra concert will feature a Rachmaninoff concerto played by AU piano head Jeremy Samolesky. And everything at Standard Deluxe is top shelf. -PMc

Local

  • Apr. 28 :: Auburn Cityfest feat. the Tony Brook Band, Dogwood Lung, the Medicine Tail Singers, and the Auburn King Sejong Institute https://www.auburncityfest.com <--warning: video auto-play

Tuskegee

Columbus

Montgomery

LaGrange

Atlanta

Birmingham

Comments

Popular Posts